Vintage Zenith 1950s Watch Cal 126-6 SAU with Patina And Subdial (Not Original Back Case)
- History of Zenith - As far as my local watchmaker is concerned Zenith is the "watchmakers watch", as you take a brief look at their history you can understand why he believes this.
Back in 1865, the founder of Zenith, Georges Favre-Jacot, revolutionised watch production by uniting all the watchmaking professions under one roof, thereby inventing the very concept of a Manufacture in the Swiss canton of Neuchâtel. His commitment to creating exceptional timepieces with the finest craftsmanship was encapsulated by a name synonymous with success, power and the highest point reached by a celestial body, none other than Zenith!
Over the past 148 years, Zenith has continued to create beautiful hand-crafted watches in the very same location. Zenith is one of very few watchmakers that produce its pieces entirely in-house.
From creation to completion, a Zenith watch will spend nine months in their Swiss headquarters. During that time, they are meticulously crafted and tested. In fact, when all the watchmakers, designers, scientific researchers and engineers are considered, each watch is created by 80 different talented individuals!
The luxury brand’s autonomous spirit and high-end pedigree are reflected in the kind of inspiring individuals who have relied on their timepieces over the decades, and you are in good hands here as Mahatma Ghandi, the preeminent father of Indian nationalism, used a Zenith.
- About this watch - This rare Zenith vintage watch has been dated by us from its serial number to 1953 or 1954, it has a beautiful light silver dial with lovely patina, as you can see in photos of the timepiece's dial. It has an exquisite Zenith in-house manufactured Calibre 126-6 SAU handwinding mechanical incabloc movement, still with original back case.
This movement has stunning gold parts and 15 jewels that shine through the movement like no other. It is keeping accurate time as it has been rigorously tested by our team, and is working perfectly. The Calibre 126-6 SAU has a sub second hand dial which is set into the dial at 6 o'clock and as you can see the dial has a delightful patina.
It has a brown thick handmade strap made from 100% genuine leather obtained from Pittards in Somerset (UK), it is specifically tailored to this watch with ivory stitching that matches the dial tone. It feels great, will age gorgeously and will mould perfectly to your wrist!
However, sadly this watch does not have it's original back case and have instead been given a replacement at some point throughout its life!
CASE: Great condition, with next to no fading. DIAL: Great condition with a wonderful patina BACK CASE: Great condition (however, not original back case) CROWN: Good condition. CRYSTAL: Great condition. OVERALL CONDITION: Has been tested, cleaned and checked over and is in excellent working order. PRESENTATION: Presented in a vintage style presentation box, great for a gift or to simply keep the watch in. AUTHENTICITY: Certification provided upon request.
- Technical Specs - CASE SIZE: 36mm to crown (including crown) STRAP SIZE: 18mm at lugs BRACELET: brand new handmade brown premium leather strap with contrast white ivory stitching, crafted locally to us in the UK
- Shipping - Worldwide shipping available, all items are shipped fully insured and sent as priority mail.
For outside of the EU customs or import charges will be paid by the customer (if applied).
- T&C's - The watch is guaranteed to be in full functioning good working condition when it is posted from our store.
For your peace of mind Wilberforce Watches offers a 30 day mechanical limited warranty for all watches, please see full terms and conditions for full details, available at email request.
Whether it be two days after the sale or two years, please let us know the issue as we have got your back. However please bear in mind that due to the nature of vintage watches, we do expect reasonable treatment of all watches by their new owners. So, no cave diving or base jumping please.